What are you thirsty for?
Poll Question
This form does not yet contain any fields.
    Pass the glass

    Follow AboutBeverages on Twitter
    Subscribe to our podcast

     

     

    Get the latest articles and podcast updates sent right to your inbox: 

    Entries in Juice (2)

    Monday
    Apr222019

    Give It A Shot - OKF Organic Aloe Vera Juice

    The story of how this episode came to be has its origins from one of our recent shows. A few weeks back, we tried the Hops Water from Lagunitas Brewing. During our discussion, we picked up on a variety of flavors and there was one flavor note that reminded Keith of this shows featured beverage. Since Andrew had never tried anything like it before we decided it was time to feature it on one of our shows. This week we will try the OKF Aloe Vera Drink with pulp. It contains 95% aloe vera and is certified organic. The other 5% is a mystery that we are ready to solve. Actually, we solved it by looking at the ingredient list (after we tried it), so it really wasn’t much of a mystery. What did we think? What do you think?  Let us know in the comments below or join us live on Thursday nights to give us your feedback while we are live streaming on Twitch. 

    If you have any ideas for future episodes of "Give It A Shot" or just have a question, you can always send us an email to AboutBeverages@q.com.

    You may click on the media player to listen directly on our website, right click the link below to download and listen to it later, or subscribe to us and never miss an episode. Enjoy!

     

    Link Lounge

    Here are the links to the things we talked about during the podcast.

    Right click to download podcast

    Wednesday
    Feb192014

    Give It A Shot - California Juice Company Sparkling Meyer Lemon

    At the tasting table today we have something already mixed with our sparkling water.  From the minds at the California Juice Company (aka Cost Plus World Market) comes the Sparkling Meyer Lemon.  To be honest this was not something I was seeking out when I went there, but since we were planning on trying a few things on the non-alcoholic side of beverages it fit the bill.  It's made with 25% juice and runs about $1.29 for a 10 oz bottle.  As I perused the shelves I noticed this is one of the few that when looking at the ingredients started with the fruit mentioned in the title of the beverage (lemon) rather than something else.  Time to taste and find out if that matters.  If you have any ideas for future episodes of "Give It A Shot" or just have a question, you can always send us an email to AboutBeverages@q.com.

    You may click on the media player to listen directly on our website, right click the link below to download and listen to it later, or subscribe to us and never miss an episode. Enjoy!

    Link Lounge

    Here are the links to the things we talked about during the podcast.

    Tasting Notes - California Juice Company Sparkling Meyer Lemon

    Right click to download podcast